Are you coming to Eindhoven soon? Then we have some tips for you! And most tips are within walking distance from our hotel. Enjoy!
Fancy a cultural day out? Whether you like music, theater, art, design or urban culture: our city has it all! Here is an overview of fun places to visit in the Eindhoven region.
Museums Eindhoven center
- Van Abbemuseum: (Museum modern art Eindhoven) With works by Picasso, Chagall, Kadinsky, El Lissitzky, Mondriaan and Appel.. (8 minute walk)
- Philips Museum Eindhoven: Fascinating exhibition about the growth of Philips and the company’s many products (4 minute walk)
- PSV Museum: relive the most important events from 100 years of the Philips Sports Association. (14 minute walk)
- DAF Museum Eindhoven: Dive into the history of the Van Doorne’s trailers to DAF Trucks N.V. With over 100 vehicles from 1928 to the present. (14 minute walk)
- preHistoric village: Open Air Museum. Experience the past and meet historical inhabitants from prehistory to the late Middle Ages. (30 minute walk)
Strijp-S: Belongs to the top 10 attractions. This former Philips factory site is the creative heart of Eindhoven. With many hip design stores and good restaurants.. (25 minute walk) Walk another 10 minutes and you will arrive at the showroom of the famous designer Piet Hein Eek.
Its experimental character makes Eindhoven a breeding ground for the urban culture scene. You can see this at the Berenkuil, for example, which has become an open-air museum due to its collection of graffiti art. One of the free attractions in Eindhoven and well worth a visit. (30 minute walk)
Sights around Eindhoven
One of the sights around Eindhoven is the Vincentre. It is located in Nuenen, the former residence of Vincent van Gogh. Here you can experience interactively how Vincent lived and painted. And you can take a walking or cycling tour along 22 buildings and places in the landscape which Van Gogh painted!
>> More activities in the Eindhoven area
Fun activities Eindhoven
Fancy a nice activity around Eindhoven? There are many different things to do, from walking and bike riding to game activities.
Outdoor activities Eindhoven
Eindhoven is very green! Tip: rent a bike and discover the beautiful parks in Eindhoven.
- City walking park: just outside the center of Eindhoven. Besides nature, you’ll find 30 sculptures here. (10 minutes by bike)
- Genneper Parks: Walk on paths along the Dommel and the Tongelreep. You can go back in time at the preHistoric village, play mini-gold at the Genneper parks Pavillion, walk trough the heempark and visit the organic Genneper Hoeve farm. (12 minute bike ride)
- Philips de Jongh walking park: Formerly the private property of the Philips family, this park is now accessible to everyone. A beautiful place with many monumental trees (20 minute bike ride)
- Philips Fruit garden: In this orchard, laid out by Philips and located along the Green Corridor, you can enjoy a wonderful bike ride or a walk. Besides the orchard, you will also find a country store full of local products. (20 minute bike ride)
Going out in Eindhoven
Do you like to eat out and go out? That’s no problem at all with the wide range of cafés, clubs and nice restaurants. Eindhoven city center has four entertainment areas, all within walking distance of our hotel.
- The Markt: Here you’ll find many Grand Cafés with spacious terraces. Even in winter you can sit here nice and warm with heating lamps and blankets.
- Stratumseind: The longest entertainment street in the Netherlands with more than 5 cafes and restaurants..
- Stationskwartier: is known for its many restaurants. Here you will also find the pop stage De Effenaar.
From our hotel you can walk to Pizzani Italian Pizza Bar in a few minutes. Here you can order real Italian pizzas. Would you like to stay in your room? Pizzani will gladly deliver your pizzas to the hotel. Buon Appetito!
Need more tips about restaurants in Eindhoven that deliver? Come to the reception.